- Collecting information about you. AMGA may collect personal information from members, levy payers and retail customers, contractors, suppliers and other individuals. We collect this information when it is necessary for business purposes, such as membership purposes and for distributing information to the general public. A substantial amount of the personal information we collect concerns individuals whose information we have collected because they are the contact person at one of our members or business associates. AMGA seeks to comply with the Privacy Act in the handling of information relating to these contacts. The personal information we collect may be provided on forms filled out by individuals, face to face meetings, e-mail messages, telephone conversations, and information provided by a third party. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
- Using and disclosing your personal information. Through our web sites, processing of transactions and administration we use and disclose personal information in our business operations of supplying and providing a wide range of membership services. Besides routine administrative and management purposes, the main purposes for which we will use or disclose your personal information are: o to establish and to business with the AMGA, including establishing credit facilities for which, with the specific consent of applicants, we may need to access credit reporting information; o to assist with a customer enquiry about specific issue or service. o as required by law; o to protect the rights, property or personal safety of AMGA, an employee, contractor or customer of AMGA, or any member of the public. From time to time AMGA may contact you to inform you of changes to our organisation or services delivered that may be relevant to you, or of legal requirements as a levy payer.
- Service providers. Like many businesses, AMGA uses a range of service providers to help maximise the quality and efficiency of our services and our business operations. This means that individuals and organisations outside of AMGA, such as mail houses, credit checking agencies or external debt collection agencies, will sometimes have access to personal information held by AMGA and may use it on behalf of AMGA. We require our service providers to adhere to strict privacy guidelines and not to keep this information or use it for any unauthorised purposes.
- When we communicate with you. We may contact you at the e-mail or other address that you provide to us in order to: provide updated information about our services, industry issues or website/s; contact you in relation to your account, order, enquiry, claim or other contact with us; provide you with other information about our services that we believe may be relevant to you. If you are receiving promotional information from AMGA and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by e-mailing us at email@example.com and asking to be removed from our mailing list, or calling us at (02) 45776877. Please allow 28 days for this request to be processed.
- You can access the information we keep about you. If at any time you want to know exactly what personal information we hold about you, please contact our Privacy Officer. If at any time you wish to change personal information that is inaccurate or out of date, please contact our Privacy Officer and we will amend this record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal or auditing reasons.
- Storage and security of your personal information. AMGA will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information that we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Your information is stored on secure servers that are protected in controlled facilities. We require our employees and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by AMGA. Please note also that AMGA may use off-site facilities to process or back up its information. As a result, we may transfer your personal information to our off-site facilities for storage. However, this does not change any of our commitments to safeguard your privacy.
- Password and log-in security. For the purposes of viewing restricted access services on our website, certain customers (such as members) may be provided with a user name and password. If you are an authorised user of a restricted access part of our web site, you can play an important role in keeping your personal information secure by maintaining the confidentiality of any password and accounts used on the AMGA website. Please notify us immediately if there is any unauthorised use of your account by any other Internet user or any other breach of security.
- AMGA and links to other websites. AMGA may provide links to websites outside of the AMGA site. These linked sites are not under the control of AMGA, and we are not responsible for the conduct of companies linked to our website. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the Terms and Conditions of those websites.