Fresh mushrooms are firm to the touch, have uniform colour and have a slightly shiny surface.
When stored in a brown paper bag on the bottom shelf of the fridge, mushrooms will last at least a week. So when you’re shopping, fill the bag full of fresh mushrooms so you can add them to various meals throughout the week
- No waste and no fuss make mushrooms one of the easiest ingredients to prepare.
- There is no need to peel mushrooms, apart from being time consuming a lot of goodness and flavour is in the skin.
- Wipe mushrooms gently with a damp cloth. If necessary, simply use a soft brush to remove any dirt from the skin surface and trim the stem end.
- Do not soak in water, as the mushrooms will absorb water.
- Caps and stems can be used in recipes.